We understand that COVID-19 may be causing some uncertainty when booking or planning events this year and beyond. To help our customers continue to enjoy our range of sailing events, we have updated our booking terms and conditions.
Firstly we are following Government guidelines to reduce the risk of spreading the virus on our yachts and in our offices.
The health and well being of our customers and staff are paramount. Our COVID-19 measures have been designed with the recommendations set out by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and ECDC. It minimises contact with our staff while ensuring you have all you need for an enjoyable visit.
Our base offices
- Disinfected at the end of every working day
- Regular disinfecting of office surfaces throughout the day
- Contactless payment preferred
- Contact with our staff will be limited and the reception process will be conducted in the open whenever possible.
Our base staff
- Wear masks when in contact with guests
- Observe social distancing guidelines (2m apart)
- Regular hand disinfection and hand washing.
Boat cleaning process
- Fogging with ecologically friendly formula and disinfecting of the interior after return of each charter and before cleaning staff enter the boat, as outlined by WHO and ECDC
- Disinfecting of all inside surfaces with disinfectant
- Finally, we disinfect the boat exterior.
Check in and check out processes
- All signing in procedures will be conducted outside wherever possible
- Guests will be asked to sanitise their hands
- For check out, only the skipper can take part in the technical briefing with one of our base team (wearing a face mask and gloves), observing social distancing guidelines. The rest of the crew need to observe social distancing guidelines
- For check in, only the skipper is allowed to be on the pontoon – the rest of the crew need to observe social distancing guidelines.
- Guests will be provided with local emergency numbers
- Each starter pack includes 1x 0.5L bottle of alcohol-based disinfecting agent suitable for hands and surfaces.
Frequently asked questions
I have a sailing day/regatta event with Britannia booked for 2021. What are my options?
If you have a sailing day booked and it cannot go ahead due to Government restrictions you can change the date without penalty for up to 12-months from the original date of your booking.
If you and your team have a booking with us to take part in or spectate a third party event, i.e. Cowes Week, and the event is rescheduled/cancelled by the organiser due to Government restrictions, we will contact the person in charge of the booking to discuss new dates/alternatives.
For our own regatta events which are date secure, we will look to reschedule later on in the year and will keep the lead booking contact updated. Should you be unable to attend the new date, please contact us and we will look at alternative options for you and your team.
I am planning on booking a sailing day with Britannia for 2021. What are my options?
For any future bookings made with Britannia from the date of this advisory notice (Wednesday 3rd February 2021), customers can change the date of their sailing day without penalty for up to 12-months from the date of your booking.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and will adhere to any Government advisories, as and when they are announced. Please contact us if you have any further questions.